FWC managed and cooperative public areas:
Note: A list of campground closures, recreation area, and road/trail closures related to public land closures is provided by the U.S. Forest Service , Florida Forest Service and Northwest Florida Water Management District .
The following wildlife management areas (WMAs) are closed until further notice, due to Hurricane Michael. Once reopened, they will be removed from the list. On cooperative WMAs and national wildlife refuges (NWRs), the cooperating agency is responsible for making the decision to reopen their lands. For questions related to the reopening of a cooperative WMA, please contact the lead land manager or NWR office/website for that property.
- Apalachee WMA - Zone A (FWC)
- Apalachicola WMA, Northwest Florida Water Management District portion - (Northwest Florida Water Management District)
- Apalachicola River WEA has reopened with the following roads closed to vehicular access: Bay, Bee Apree, Culbert, First Plug, Grassy, Hubcap, Levy, Long, Palm, Pea Patch, Scaffold, and Tall Pines. Van Horn Landing Campground is closed until further notice (FWC)
- Beaverdam Creek WMA (Northwest Florida Water Management District)
- Chipola River WMA (Northwest Florida Water Management District)
- Econfina Creek WMA (Northwest Florida Water Management District)
- Juniper Creek WMA (US Forest Service)
- St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge (US Fish and Wildlife Service)
- Tyndall AFB WMA (Department of Defense)
North Central Region
The following WMA roads are closed to vehicle access until further notice due to Hurricane Michael. Once reopened they will be removed from the list.
- Big Bend WMA - Hickory Mound Unit: Temporary repairs to the eastern portion of Hickory Mound Impoundment have been completed. The south and eastern portions of the impoundment have been reopened to public access, with all entry / exit restricted to Cow Creek Grade. The area of the impoundment remaining closed is the portion of Coker Road lying south of Swartz Tram for approximately 1.8 miles to just east of the fourth concrete water control structure. This effectively closes the western and southwestern portions of Hickory Mound Impoundment.
- Big Bend WMA - Spring Creek Unit: Mule Wallow Road.
Northeast Region road/canal/unit closures - The following FWC managed public areas are open to public access but contain additional closures as a result of storm activity. Once reopened, they will be removed from this list.
- Etoniah Creek WMA - Due to continued heavy rainfall, the following roads are closed; Tinley Powerline Road west of Holloway Road; the east end of Tinsley Powerline Road, east of unimproved Shortcut Road.