An organizer who is planning an outdoor recreational event that is being held for the rehabilitation or enjoyment of disabled veterans or active or reserve duty service members may apply for a Military/Disabled Veteran Event License Exemption permit to exempt qualified event participants from Florida's recreational hunting and fishing license and permit requirements while participating in the permitted event and as specified in the terms of the permit.
Note: The permit is issued only to an event organizer and is valid only for the duration of the event, it does not exempt individual Military/Disabled Veteran participants from hunting and fishing license and permit requirements when hunting and fishing outside of the permitted event.
Who qualifies for the exemption...
Resident and non-resident disabled veterans or active or reserve duty service members, their immediate family members and one person designated to assist each disabled veteran when participating in a permitted event and as specified in the conditions of the permit.
What this permit authorizes...
This permit authorizes qualified event participants to hunt and fish without recreational hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license or a Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery season, crossbow season, muzzleloading season or management area permit during the dates specified on the event permit.
What this permit does not authorize...
This permit does not authorize hunting or fishing without a license by anyone other than the qualified event participants who are directly participating in the permitted event and in possession of a participant permit provided by the event organizer. It does not exempt individual Military/Disabled Veteran participants from hunting and fishing license and permit requirements when hunting and fishing outside of the permitted event.
Note: The permit exemption DOES NOT apply to tarpon tags, alligator trapping licenses or permits, the federal duck stamp, persons with disabilities crossbow permt or limited entry/quota hunts.
Information you must have available to apply for this permit
- Contact and identification information, including a daytime telephone number where you can be reached during normal business hours.
- The applicant will need to supply an e-mail address. This e-mail address is required and is used to send requests for additional information and notification of approval or denial of the permit application.
- A printer and Adobe Reader .
How to apply for this permit
- Application for an exemption permit must be made at least 10 (but no more than 365) days in advance of the scheduled event date. Applications not made 10 days in advance will NOT be processed.
- Click on "Apply for a Military/Disabled Veteran Event License Exemption (MDVE) Permit" below.
- This will take you to a login screen. If you have not applied online for an FWC special permit (AMP, SUV, Bass Tournament, Antlerless Deer, Deer Dog, etc.) before, click on "Register." Enter the requested information and create your username and password. If you have applied for an FWC Special permit, enter your username and password or use one of the alternative login options to log into the application site.
- Enter the requested information.
- Submit your application.
- Your application will be reviewed.
- You will receive notification that additional information is needed or of approval or denial of the permit application by e-mail.
- If approved, sign on to the application site (by clicking the link below) and print the permit.
- Read and sign the permit.
Remember: Keep the permit in your possession when the event is occurring.